Physical Therapy Technician-Adult
Crane Rehab Center. LLC is seeking a Physical Therapy Technician to join our team!! The Physical Therapy Technician at our Adult Facility will support physical therapy care delivery by preparing treatment areas, patients, equipment and materials, and performing procedures, under the supervision of a physical therapist.
Physical Therapist Technician Job Duties:
- Prepare treatment rooms for patients by following prescribed procedures and protocols.
- Prepare patients for physical therapy treatment by welcoming, comforting, providing and/or assisting patients into physical therapy apparel or apertures.
- Provide information to patients by answering questions and requests.
- Help treat patients by applying heat packs; paraffin dips; helping patients onto exercise equipment, monitoring motion; tracking walking time and distance; measuring mobility; performing prescribed exercises and strengthening techniques.
- Educate patients by demonstrating proper use of equipment and exercise routines.
- Maintain patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Provide equipment and supplies by sterilizing and delivering equipment and supplies to treatment area; positioning equipment for therapist access; positioning patient on equipment.
- Ensure operation of physical therapy equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instruction; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Maintain physical therapy supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Serve and protect the clinic by adhering to professional standards, clinic policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhance physical therapy department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Prefer students working towards a degree in Physical Therapy or other related field
- Previous experience in physical therapy, rehabilitation, or other related field, a plus
- Ability to handle physical workload
- Ability to build rapport with patients and co-workers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong leadership qualities
Think you would be a great fit for this role and great Team Crane member? Please e-mail your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to list the position title in your subject line.
Crane Rehab Center, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, disability, age, medical condition, ancestry, marital status, citizenship, sexual orientation, or status as a veteran. Crane Rehab Center, LLC policy also prohibits sexual harassment. This nondiscrimination policy covers employment as well as community and vendor activities.