Part-Time Licensed Occupational Therapist- Pediatrics
Crane Rehab Center, Pediatrics consists of a caring and dedicated team of pediatric speech, physical, occupational therapists, and Board Certified Behavior Analysts who work together in a positive and exciting atmosphere! We are currently looking for a part time Occupational Therapist to add our growing practice..
The Part- Time Licensed Occupational Therapist at Crane Rehab Center, Pediatrics, provides direct rehab care in occupational therapy to a diverse population of patients in accordance with all applicable laws, regulations, and Crane Rehab Center, LLC. standards.
Education, Experience, and Licensure Requirements
- Must be a graduate of an accredited Master’s Degree program in Occupational Therapy
- Must be currently registered/licensed in applicable Louisiana. Must maintain an active license in good standing throughout employment.
- Two to three years experience preferred
- Must have CPR certification upon hire or obtain during orientation. CPR certification must remain current during employment.
- Ideal Candidates would have experience working within a school-based environment as well as outpatient clinics
- Comfortable with treatment and evaluations with children with Autism and other similar developmental diagnoses, as well as specialized training in sensory integration, feeding and swallowing are also strongly encouraged.
Specific Job Requirements
- Provides therapy services within a school environment, as well as in clinic.
- Participates in community health matters/projects as appropriate. Two hours mandatory volunteer time per calendar year.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and e-mail
- Liaisons with patients, families, support departments, etc., to adequately plan for patient needs
- Must demonstrate good body mechanics at all times
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action
- Must be knowledgeable of practices and procedures as well as the laws, regulations, and guidelines governing functions in the post-acute care facility
- Must have the ability to implement and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies, and procedures of the department
- Must perform proficiently in all competency areas including but not limited to: patient care, documentation and therapy software responsibilities, patient rights, and safety and sanitation
- Maintains professional working relationships with all associates, vendors, etc….
- Maintains confidentiality of all proprietary and/or confidential information and follow all HIPPA regulations.
- Must understand and follow company policies including harassment and. compliance procedures.
- Displays integrity and professionalism by adhering to standard ethical practices and completes all appropriate compliance training.
- Must be able to establish, assess, and modify realistic, measurable, timely, and functional goals.
- Must be able to oversee and evaluate patient care.
- Must be able to follow occupational therapy treatment plans for patients under direction of the supervising OT and in accordance with Federal and State guidelines.
- Must be able to chart appropriately and timely.
- Must be able to utilize therapy software appropriately and accurately.
- Must exhibit excellent customer service and a positive attitude towards patients.
- Must be able to assist in the evacuation of patients.
- Must demonstrate dependable, regular attendance.
- Must be able to concentrate and use reasoning skills and good judgment.
- Must be able to communicate and function productively on an interdisciplinary team.
- Must be able to sit, stand, bend, lift, push, pull, stoop, walk, reach, and move intermittently during working hours.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc…) most of the work day.
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than 20 pounds.
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, etc): rarely
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves chemicals, lead, dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements: rarely.
- Normal setting for this job is: pediatric outpatient clinic.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close and Far vision.
- The employee is frequently required to stand and walk; rarely required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually of high volume.
Think you would be a great fit for this role and great Team Crane member? Please e-mail your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com. Please be sure to list the position title in your subject line.
Crane Rehab Center, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, disability, age, medical condition, ancestry, marital status, citizenship, sexual orientation, or status as a veteran. Crane Rehab Center, LLC policy also prohibits sexual harassment. This nondiscrimination policy covers employment as well as community and vendor activities.